Moss Recipes


I tried all three ways which involved mixing buttermilk, yogurt, or beer with sugar and the moss. It makes the paste that you are supposed to use by itself if you wanted moss to grow. But since we are wanting to start with moss, I used this mixture (as suggested by Mary Frances) as an adhesive to stick the existing moss to the wall. Overall, all three worked. Since Friday night, each of the three pieces have been on an external brick wall that is exposed to all of the elements. In my opinion, the buttermilk and yogurt make the thicker and better paste. Since the recipes said watering would help it last, I watered them tonight (seen in the photo). We will see if they last until our next class.

Even though these worked, I was thinking the spray adhesive that we used as a class may still be a better choice since we have other people walking by our installation that may pull or touch the moss. The three mixtures I used take quite a while to cling tightly to the wall. At the site, I fear they may be ripped down before they fully adhere.

1 comments:

Avia said...

I like this because it is similar to the post that I put on the blog. This is great because it relates to our group project.