My REAL assignment;

By: Albert Bender, Chicago Federal Art Project, WPA, ca. 1935

Being a big fan of 'propaganda' I seem to associate posters and the likes to it. This is a - I use the term lightly- propaganda poster for the new deal promoting Roosevelt's plan.

Notice how the man holding a tool, seems to me he's a part of the working class. This poster was use in a sense to appeal to the lower class americans who wanted to know what the new deal would do for them.

P.S.) I figure the flash mob would be for funsies. Haha. Here's my 'assignment.'

1 comments:

taylormhairston said...

I really like the use of "propaganda" type material too. I've never really payed attention to anything like it outside of wartime propaganda, but the more I think about how useful and convincing wartime propaganda was, I can't help but think how clever of an idea it was to use it at this time too. I'm sure it greatly helped promote Roosevelt's plan and other messages of the time period.
Good post!