Before I Die.. in NOLA





Candy Chang likes to make cities more comfortable for people. She is a public installation artist, designer, urban planner, TED Fellow, and co-founder of Civic Center in New Orleans".It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and forget what really matters to you.Before I Die transforms a neglected space into a constructive one where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us."I think this picture speaks to every one in general, because people have lost so much and have been through rough patches in life and they instantly forget to enjoy living life before they die. I also choose this picture because its located in New Orleans, my hometown.


3 comments:

Whitney said...

I stumbled on this a few months ago and thought it was an interesting take on the classic bucket list. It's intriguing to see the various aspirations of strangers, from the less practicable like eating a salad with an alien to the ones that could actually be fulfilled like going to France. What's more interesting is how many of those dreams we all share.
Of course what makes it public art is the invitation of anyone walking by to put whatever they want on the wall. Everyone who's written on that wall is an artist.

Caitster said...

I stumbled on this a few months ago too! I think it is a very good take on allowing people to stop and think..and also share with the world.

Unknown said...

I also stumbled on this! I think its a really good way to get people to interact with art. I really like the idea of being able to write on it. then you can feel like your actually making a contribution to the art not just looking at it from the outside.