Artificial Stalactite



Miquel Barceló's room xx puts me in the mind of the Sistine Chapel, only maybe less skill is required. I'd say Barceló needed just as much dedication as Michelangelo had.

Barceló took his usual organic elements and applied them in a literal sense to create these artificial and very colorful stalactite forms made from globs of paint. Unfortunately controversy surrounds his artwork because of how it was paid for. This shows that people can easily overlook the most creative of ideas when there's something they don't like involved in its creation, especially in regard to money.

Here are more photos of the process and finished product that I think everyone should look at. It's crazy:

2 comments:

Avia said...

This one is really cool. I never would thought of putting these structures up on a ceiling of a building and painting them is pretty out there, and I love it!

Unknown said...

I think this is really awesome. I like all the different colors, and when looking at the room, the ceiling is so unexpected.