My project is basically an effort to fool with people's consciences about their contributions and ignorance to pollution, littering, and the other critical environmental problems our world is experiencing. To avoid it appearing as a public service announcement, I wanted to present it in a ironic/slightly funny way, so I though of playing with the idea of a
snow globe. Overall, I want to replace these pristine, ideal spots in snow globes with the scenes reality of our environmental ordeals, but on a large scale. They can vary in size and dome shape, but I would like some of them to be rather large, maybe 3 or 4 feet tall. To further their effect, I want to place them in locations that may be very untidy, abused by trash and other litter, or somewhat near companies and other locations that may contribute to the environmental crisis. The bases of the globes can be adorned with sarcastic and funny message that reveal the more serious truth about the situation depicted. Thomas Doyle does something like this with slightly different method with different intentions and messages, but the look is similar. Here are some examples, but if this project is too expensive, I think the same message can be conveyed with street art like we saw with Bansky and others. Scenes such as this can be drawn or designed, placed on thin paper, and pasted on walls.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

I can definitely see how this could become too expensive but I think the idea is a universal one. Anyone can understand the message and that's what I like about. If the snow globe idea is out of our price range, I'd like to see what sort of things we could come up with involving Green Graffiti.
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featured/moss-grass-graffiti/2147 )