Potential Sites

I feel bad because looking at all these other posts downtown looks like it has some pretty fantastic sites for this project, but something about driving around downtown makes me feel a bit claustrophobic so I may have steered clear of it and scouted out locations elsewhere. Hopefully I'm not the only one with that irrational fear. Here's what I got though.

This wall is part of the Broadmoor Baptist Church. It seems like a good place to me mostly because even though it doesn't get nearly as much foot traffic as downtown would, the church is on Youree and clearly visible from the road as cars pass by.







For this second site, I thought we could work off of the attention that another structure already brings in and place the moss graffiti project on the middle row. This way more attention is called to it because of the metal globe, which might also tie in nicely to the idea of environmental awareness. The fact that the moss is raised higher in the air may also help preserve it from the wear and tear of passersby.

0 comments: