What Inspires You?!

My project idea revolves around getting the public involved with one another, and turning an old abandoned wall into something useful. There are so many bare walls downtown that many individuals in Shreveport pass each day. I think it would be an excellent addition to the community to turn one of these bare walls into an art piece that the public can add to. At first, I wanted to create a giant chalk wall for each person to add to. Now, I feel that giving them a subject to talk about or bringing up an idea will help keep the project contained, and also inspirational. I got this idea from the "Before I Die" wall. I need help from the class to think of a good subject for the wall. I thought about "What Inspires You?!", but I'm sure everyone will have more ideas that we can work with. It won't be that expensive to get black paint or chalk paint for the wall. We'd have to look into getting permission to paint a wall. There is a great wall by Minicine downtown. This project would also be good for Shreveport Commons because it could bring more people toward that area. It could also be good publicity for Minicine. I think this wall would be a great addition to downtown because it gives the public a chance to speak and share with others. (especially with all of the protesting going on now!)



2 comments:

Whitney said...

This is a great means for people to freely and possibly anonymously express themselves. Well that opportunity already presents itself through the internet but I think this wall would add a more personal touch to it.

Unknown said...

I think this is something that people would become involved with. This is a way to be anomymous and say whatever you want, and I think that is something people would be into doing.